Hi guys! Today I’m sharing with you a little recipe for dogs’ biscuits. I found it few months ago and now I have to bake them like every 2/3 weeks because Sky literally LOVES them! If you want to try it, be sure that you pet doesn’t not have any sort of intolerance or problems to any ingredients. Please be sure!
Generally, these ingredients are really useful for our little cuties.
Oat is a great ingredient to dogs (especially the elderly) who suffer from constipation.
The fruit is very good for dogs, especially during the summer because it is soothed and refreshed and is a source of vitamins! The apple in particular is the fruit that is best matched with the diet of dogs. DO NOT USE figs, grapes, cherries, peaches, pears and avocados, absolutely.
Here the recipe:
· 200 gr whole flour (I always use the whole oat flour)
· 80 gr oatmeal
· 80 gr mashed apple
· 2 eggs
· 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Let me tell you that the quantities are really indicative, if you see that the dough is too dry and friable, add some liquid or viceversa if it’s too wet add some flour. But I think that these are the perfect quantities!
1. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour and oatmeal).
2. Then add the oil and the eggs.
3. Peel the apple and mash it. Add it as last ingredient to the dough, making it softer.
4. Lay the dough with a rolling pin and a lot of strength (I’m really weak at this, sorry) and form you biscuits! I chose the heart shape, obviously!
5. When all your biscuits are ready, place them in a baking tray with baking paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 160 °C for about 25/30 minutes, but the time is indicative. Do not let them dry too much!
6. Let it rest for a few minutes.
What do you think? Sky can not wait to enjoy one of these biscuits! When he ear the sound of the jar that opens, he does not stop to follow me a second. I usually give him one or two biscuits per day.
Let me know in the comment your favorite recipes for you pets!
And if you have any suggestions, do not hesitate to write to me, I’m not an expert on this subject and I’m always looking for a good advice!